OAPCG provides training for Oklahoma Tribal Casinos which includes "Signs
& Symptoms of the Problem Gambler" and "Customer Service: Being a
Responsible Gaming Advocate."
OAPCG helps Oklahoma Tribes to meet state compact requirements by
providing casino employee training. Since 70% of helpline callers say they
get the number from the casino, employee orientation increases the calls to
the helpline which directly accounts for increased numbers of gamblers and
their family members getting treatment.
OAPCG also helps tribes by receiving and updating material, training
documents, brochures and forms that address "Responsible Gaming," "The
Problem Gambler," or "Self-Exclusion" procedures and forms.
The Tribal Responsible Gaming Certification Program
Following are the requirements to be certified:
1. Display a Problem Gambling Helpline poster at entrance of casino.
2. Display Problem Gambling brochures at cashier windows.
3. Actively execute a Self-exclusion program and have invited OAPCG to
review the self-exclusion process.
4. Participate in OAPCG's Statewide Self-Exclusion Program.
5. Train all new employees on the dynamics of the Problem Gambler.
6. Train all employees at least every other year on dynamics of Problem
7. Make an annual contribution to OAPCG and maintain active tribal
8. Train security or other personnel that administer the self-exclusion